Thursday, September 26, 2013

Princess for a Day


  
You’re walking down the aisle, your arm locked in with your father’s arm and all your family, friends and loved ones are present with smiles and warming contemplations. As you walk down, at the alter is your husband to be, the love of your life. What a pleasant image to create in a woman’s head. Many women dream with having the perfect wedding, at least I know I am one of those women. 
Weddings take time, planning, organization, and money. There are many sources were women can get influenced for their perception of their own weddings. Influences can be, but are not limited to, from magazines, the Internet, and weddings that were attended.


Dreaming of an ideal wedding goes back to when you were just a child. I remember being young at my parents wedding through the Catholic Church. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, and ever since I have always dreamed on a wedding like that.  The culture and society in which a woman lives in has a lot to do with the way a wedding will turn out to be.

How do you see your wedding? What will the design of your dress be? Church? Reception? Guests? We all have an image but until the time comes its all under a dream. ~ Brenda





Most women, if not all, dream of that perfect wedding – from the reception down to their wedding dress. They will make it their priority to make every single detail perfect and it made me wonder the things these women go through to make it perfect. And because of this ritual, so many reality shows were created specifically catering to brides and their special day. Shows such as “Say Yes to the Dress”, “Whose Wedding Is It Anyway”, “Four Weddings”, etc. But one show that really stood out there even though it’s been canceled was “Bridalplasty”, which aired from 2010 to 2011 on E! Network. The show basically followed engaged women competing for the wedding of their dreams and their dream plastic surgery procedure. It just makes me wonder how many women are willing to go through so much just to make that day special. ~ Ashley
Source: E! Entertainment

Every girl has dreamt of being a princess, even if it is just for one day. One of the most extravagant practices in the United States is a wedding. Bridal is definitely trending. In the United States, the average cost for a wedding is $20,000. Once engaged, a woman starts having flashbacks of all the dreams and memories she has had leading up to this day. Poring over bridal magazines, specialized websites, and even thousands of pinterest boards, women plan their wedding day accounting for every detail. I know as a little girl I have always dreamt of what my wedding would be like, but with more television shows, magazines, blogs, pinterest, etc.… my vision changes as I see new, cool, innovative ideas. One thing I know for sure is that I want to have that feeling of being a princess even if it is just for one day. ~ Chelsea



Most women started fantasizing about their “big day” since they were little girls are actually dressed up as princesses.  Some women knew they had found THE dress even before they were in a relationship.  In my opinion, the dress is the first thing women think about, everything else comes after.  Planning a wedding takes a lot of work and time, sometimes it even takes years.   Nowadays, couples are more likely to pay for the wedding themselves rather than splitting it up with their parents.  Couples are more financially stable and have solid careers going for them.  The article states that despite the increase in divorce rates, couples still continue to get married, however I disagree with that.  It seems as though couples now choose to move in with each other and then they do not feel the need for a change into marriage.  I find it so interesting how times have changed, but I, for one, will always be an old fashioned gal with the dream of my big day and I happen to be lucky enough to have Pinterest to guide me through the process.  ~ Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment